- Back Squat: The back squat is one of the 9 fundamental olympic lifts. This move, depending on your form and how heavy you go with it, can entirely change you body; glutes, quads, back, butt, and abs. Since your legs are your biggest muscle group, doing back squats will not only burn a lot of calories, but will help with overall balance and mobility strength. How to do a Back Squat.
2. Interval Sprints: Interval sprints are the only movement that can transform your body in the least amount of time. You can do sprint intervals by running, biking, swimming, body weight exercises, or weight-training. Sprint intervals will give you better abs, leaner legs and arms, a faster metabolism, and improve your body’s ability to burn fat.
3. Upright Row: I like upright rows as a total back movement. Upright rows also help to shape your traps, shoulders, and abs. You should super-set this movement with a body weight exercises like pull-ups or push ups. How to do an Upright Row.
4. Power Cleans: This particular movement completely transformed my body. This is en explosive movement. It requires triple extension with the hips, knees and ankles, which makes it a good core/total body movement. These are metabolically demanding, which means your body will burn more calories during and after doing these. How To Do Cleans/Power Cleans.
5. Pull-Ups: With pull ups, don’t think that you have to do them completely on your own at first, this can be really intimidating. Pull-ups can be done with resistance bands, or an assisted pull up machine too. Learning to pull your own body weight will make you stronger; stronger than you would be just lifting weights.