What is your Metabolic Type?
Knowing your metabolic type is key to weight loss. Everyone’s body has its own internal biochemistry; meaning, everyone digests and breaks down food (macronutrients and micronutrients) differently. This can be based off predisposed genetic inclinations or your gut flora makeup (the bacteria that breaks down food in your digestive system).
Some of the symptoms that are alleviated as a result of eating according to your metabolic type:
- Increased energy
- Ability to maintain your ideal weight
- Healthy digestion
- Reduced bloating
- Fewer allergies
- Stronger immunity
- Increased mental focus
- Improved overall health and wellness
- The Protein Type: With this metabolic type, your cells tend to burn carbs too quickly, or your autonomic nervous system is stronger and more dominant than the sympathetic branch, which would mean that you need a higher protein intake in order to strengthen your sympathetic system to metabolize better. The protein type do really well with high-fat proteins and high density proteins. here is a list of foods a Protein Type metabolic type should consume.
- The Carbo Type: Usually the case with Carbo Types is that they need more carbs in their system in order to speed up a naturally slow cellular oxidation rate, bringing it up to speed with your metabolism. Carbo types need low protein. Their carbs generally come from veggies, fruits, and whole grains. When they do consume meats, it should be lighter and lean meats, such as seafood and chicken.
- The Mixed Type: The Mixed Type has a balance between protein and carbs. This keeps their nervous system and cellular oxidation rate in balance.
Take this Metabolic Quiz to diagnose yourself and start eating the right way.
*** This is a 65, in-depth quiz. So take the time to really take it, and to answer the questions as accurately as possible***
Reprinted with permission from The Metabolic Typing Diet © 2000 William L. Wolcott and Trish Fahey